Here are some problems and solutions you may encounter when you use Huawei B970b wireless gatway.
What to do if a PC in the LAN cannot access the Internet?
1. If the power indicator is off, you need to check whether the power adapter is normally connected.
2. If the signal strength indicator is off, you need to check whether the area is covered by the network.
3. If the area is covered by the network, you need to check whether the network mode is correct. For information about network mode, see “Mobile Network Settings”.
4. If the indicator of the Ethernet interfaces blinks, the corresponding Ethernet interface is normally connected. If the indicator is off, you need to check and ensure that the related Ethernet connection is normal.
5. You must configure the correct PPP user name and PPP password when you access the Internet through the device. Check whether they are correct, and see “Configuring PPP Profile Settings” for details.
6. If the DHCP service is disabled and the PC obtains the IP address dynamically, the PC also cannot access the Internet. You can change the mode to manually assign an IP address. See “Configuring the Network Connection”.
7. Check whether the driver of the network adapter is correctly installed.
8. If the preceding methods cannot solve the problem, please consult your service provider.
What to do if a PC in the WLAN cannot access the WLAN?
1. If interferences or shields near the device exist, you can adjust the position of the device. When the signal strength is strong, you can move to the next step.
2. Check and record the following data on the network adapter of your PC: SSID, WEP type, and key.
3. Check and record the following data on the device: SSID, WEP type, and key.
4. Compare the recorded data, the SSID on the network adapter should be ANY or be the same as that on the device. The WEP type and key on the network adapter and device should be the same. Otherwise, you need to change the data on the network adapter.
What to do if I forgot the IP address of the LAN interface?
If you forgot the IP address of the LAN interface, you can enter http://e.home and log in to the management page when the PC obtains the IP address automatically.
What to do if bridging between two devices is unsuccessful?
1. Make sure that the two devices work on the same channel. For details, see “Selecting a WLAN Channel”.
2. Make sure that the MAC address of one device is in the peer MAC address list of the other device. For details, see “WLAN Bridge”.
When the signal strength is normal, what to do if the downloading rate is low?
In this case, you need to set the value in the registry as follows:
1. Choose Start > Run.
2. Enter regedit in the Open text box and then click OK.
3. Select parameters in the following directory: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip.
4. Choose Edit > New > DWORD Value.
5. Rename New Value #1 to TcpWindowSize.
6. Right-click TcpWindowSize and then select Modify.
7. Select Decimal and enter 65535 in the Value data text box, and then click OK.
8. For the DWORD Value of DefaultRcvWindow, do the same operations as that of TcpWindowSize.